A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Jumbles and mumbles

I'm having one of those days where I feel like updating on everything...so here it goes.

#1 - I'm tired! Yesterday Jake and I went to SF for the day and spent the entire afternoon at Pier 39 and walked down to Fisherman's Wharf to go to Joe's Crab Shack. I was extremely proud, because I took ALL the walking we did slow enough to where I wasn't adversely affected. I walked the 20-or-so piers from the BART station in the FiDi to Fisherman's Wharf..holy hell! Not only that, but I walked up and down Pier 39 several times, and walked to Fisherman's Wharf then all the way back to the BART station. The end result? Jake and I walked through the front door, changed into our PJs and fell asleep. This morning I woke up and I'm still exhausted and in no mood for human contact...face-to-face at least.

#2 - Not picking a tattoo, especially for a picker...isn't easy! I'm so ready for this damn tattoo to heal already! I was a tad impatient and was "helping" the portions of the scabbing that were hanging on by not very much. I also accidentally (seriously...it was an accident) forgot to pat the tattoo dry after showering this morning, and I full on rubbed it dry. Oops...

#3 - It's T-minus 16 days until D-Day. 16 days left until tax season 2009 is over. Halle-frikkin-lujah! I'm so over it. We're supposed to go back to SF for a day-trip celebration for the end of the season, but I would be perfectly happy just staying in bed all day.

#4 - Jake and I have 2 days left before we start IF treatment again. I have to pick up my prescriptions today from the pharmacy and I'm excited, but nervous. I'm ready to re-take this on and now I know what to expect. I'm nervous because this is a big step. It's bigger than taking a break, because this time, it could be real! I could get pregnant, and we could become parents. I just hope I gave myself enough relaxation and time to heal from the year+ of trying to recuperate and revamp. I know this will be a take-it-one-day-at-a-time process. I'm looking forward to the anticipation of the IUIs, taking those extra steps to try to insure a good procedure and doing what I can to see those two little pink lines.

#5 - I've lost some weight. Jake and I have been making a big effort to eat healthier and exercise more...hence our "trek" through SF yesterday. I've gotten back into my "kick" with recipe books and I love trying new stuff with Jake to see if it's a keeper, or not. So far, I've had only 1 failure in about 30 tries...that's a pretty good track record!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You have done a lot of walking and lost some weight--Congrats! Good luck this cycle. You're in my thoughts.