A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Having faith

While listening to the song I posted on my blog, it reminds me of something I talk about a lot...faith.

I decided to start taking an active approach to the coming months that will pass to Jake and my ultimate goal: starting to try to have a baby again. In November, we said 6 months. It's been 4. I've been doing research on foods and what to do and not to do to help our upcoming infertility treatments. Admittedly, I haven't been praying as much as I should be, but I have been doing some soul searching. I've gone from one end of the spectrum with wondering if I even want children, to the other...wishing my first IUI took, and I'd be 4 months along now. It's been a good road for me to travel, something I needed to do.

I've been very fortunate to have a supportive family to not question our decisions and to encourage us to not lose who we are. I also have Jake who's been with me every step of the way in this. We're hoping this next step in our journey is a short one, but we're more committed and optimistic than ever that this will work. I know now that even though I will have stressful times, and disappointments if IUIs don't take...it's all a part of the process. I also know that it will all be worth it when I finally see those two little pink lines and it'll be real. So I'm asking all my family and friends to pray for us, and keep us in your thoughts in the coming months. We love you all and we hope to spread good news soon!

Oh, and we aren't pursuing fertility treatments until after tax season. Sorry if I lead anyone to believe we were starting now.

No comments: