A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy belated birthday to me!



On my birthday, my MIL (mother-in-law) gave me a gift certificate for a custom clock from a local artist and family friend. He makes really nice pieces, so I was given the choice of something he had already made, or something in the works that wasn't finished yet. I liked 3 clocks among his 50 or so in his studio. There was one that was mostly tannish brown in color with basketweave and cloth with little huts on it. The next was a gold and blue clock that looked rather "celestial" to me...and then there was one in the "shop". All I saw was a wooden plate with blue, purple, and green beads glued onto it. I fell in love. So I picked that one.




Almost two months later, my clock is here, and I'm completely in love with it! Jake even snuck into my jewelry and took an earring from a set that he had given me for one of our month anniversaries when we were dating. It's gorgeous!





No comments: