A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

When the "wifey" rules!

August 8th is Jake's 30th birthday. After a failed attempt at a surprise birthday party, we decided to just have a birthday party, sans surprise. With the dilemma of having to organize the entire soiree on my own, I was pondering birthday gifts for the birthday boy. Jake is NEVER easy to buy for because I always plan ahead and ask him at least 3-4 months beforehand what he wants (this goes for Christmas too), and he ends up giving me his list a mere 2 days before the event. Not going to happen this time. I decided to venture out on my own and figure something out. And I did.
Those who know Jake well know he is a HUGE fan of the 80's big hair rock band. His 200 CD case is filled with artists like Dio, Van Halen, Scorpions, Cinderella, Sebastian Bach, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, Boston, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. We saw Judas Priest at Ozzfest 2005, and ever since, I've been waiting for a big concert to take him too.

Metallica tickets and ACDC tickets are always overly (and by no means justifiably) expensive. But, to my luck (and glee), Judas Priest is playing with Whitesnake at the Concord Pavilion on July 31st. So, Jake got tickets for his birthday! Thank you Stub Hub! I got some decent seats right behind the mosh pit (aka, the hole of death or dismemberment to me). So I will be safely watching the show from a decent distance. Happy early Birthday hubsters!

Judas Priest



No comments: