A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chipotle Shrimp Tacos

From a wonderful blog I follow, "Sarah's Test Kitchen", I decided to try a recipe from this fabulous lady :). (Hi Sarah!). I made a few minor changes that would've helped Jake and I eat these tacos without the tortillas crumbling to pieces. I also modified our recipe a little bit since we didn't have a BBQ readily available. I might have missed something, but here it is.

Enjoy!


Chipotle Shrimp Tacos

from Sarah's Test Kitchen


Makes 4-5 small tacos


--1lb medium-sized raw shrimp (31/40) - deveined, shells removed (I also recommend removing the tails now, since I tried to after the shrimp were cooked and burned my fingers)

--1 tbsp olive oil

--2 tbsp chipotle sauce (I used a marinade/sauce since I couldn't find it in a can)

--1 tsp salt

--White corn tortillas (I would suggest lightly pan frying for 2 seconds on each side for more pliable tortillas)

--Any other taco fixings you'd like (We used black beans, fresh homemade pico de gallo, and cheese)



1. Toss shrimp, olive oil, chipotle sauce, and salt and mix together. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.


2. Saute shrimp in a non-stick pan until thoroughly cooked.


3. Once cooked, give shrimp a rough chop, assemble your tacos...Enjoy!


Thanks again Sarah! :)


Fresh Pico de Gallo (LoLo's recipe)
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 or 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
Mix all ingredients well, refridgerate.
Makes 2-3 servings

No comments: