A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wanting to learn to cook

I'll admit, I'm a timid cook. I like to mostly play it safe, and am always looking to *maybe* branch out and try new things. Here are some things I'd love to learn

1. How to properly use cutting knives, and learn what the different knives are and what they're uses are.

2. To decorate a cake (a la Wilton).

3. How to create my own recipe.

4. How to host a good dinner party (for future Christmases, Thanksgivings, etc.)

5. How to properly use different kitchen tools, and possibly know when to weed out old ones that I won't use.

Anyone up for the challenge?

2 comments:

Megan :) said...

I want to learn too...me too, me too!! Wish I could help out with teaching, but don't know much myself. hahaha. I TOTALLY want to take a "Wilton" cake decorating class too! Is there a Michaels between us that we could sign up at?? Well once I can afford to that is. That would be awesome. :) I bet Aunt Julie would help? She used to do catering...she mightg have some good ideas for dinner parties and such!? What do ya think??
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I would love to learn anything a la Wilton. My SIL is an expert at that kind of stuff because she took some Wilton classes when she was like 13 and is so good at it!

I'd like to learn how to work with cheese. It seems like when I try to make my own recipes I always pick the wrong cheese and it tastes great except for the cheese.

I'd also like to know more about olive oil, because as I understand it, it's quite a complicated ingredient