A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What to Expect Before You're Expecting

This past weekend, Jake and I went to an Oakland A's game with Dan and Trish, whom I haven't seen since our wedding over 2 years ago. Dan is a big A's fan, so Jake thought with us having 4 seats, Dan and Trish would enjoy the outing. It was hot, but we made do. We were in prime foul ball territory, so Jake brought his catching glove from softball to the park.

After the game, we went to Texas Road House in Union City. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it. After dinner, Jake and I decided to visit the Borders Bookstore across the parking lot from the restaurant. There, I wanted to look for a book about possibly helping me to deal with the disappointment of not getting pregnant yet. Instead, I stumbled upon another book which Jake and I are currently reading. "What to Expect Before You're Expecting".


I have read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" which is an awesome book as well. This book tells you exactly what you need to do, how to take an accurate BBT (which I'm guessing is my downfall here), eating right to support a healthy pregnancy, and answers about chronic conditions and medications and how they'll affect a pregnancy. There are also sections for the Dad-to-be on doctor visits, tests, and how to handle the emotional stuff with your wife. I highly recommend this book. Jake and I read a few pages every night together and has answered a lot of his questions.

No comments: