A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Devirginizing the Kitchen Aid mixer

For our first wedding anniversary, my parents bought Jake and I a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. It was one of the larger items on our gift registry and one I was lusting after (my inner Martha Stewart wannabe was pining away). Unfortunately, our kitchen does not yield too much counter space.

Last weekend I went to Ikea, and purchase a kitchen cart. It's small enough to not take up too much room, but it was big enough to house our crock pot, George Foreman grill and a wooden countertop.


The Beckvam kitchen cart for a whopping $59.99. Made from solid wood.

Voila! Counterspace! Now I shamefully kept the beautiful mixer in storage while we were on the prowl for a kitchen cart. Now, the mixer is out and was given it's first job last night. Betty Crocker boxed chocolate cake. YUM!!! So the Kitchen Aid mixer is out, and now devirginized. I'm so glad I get to use it now.

Now all we have to do is figure out a name for it. (Yes we name our appliances).

No comments: