A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Packages and planes

So I, along with a very worried/pissed off cousin of mine in Arizona, have been dealing with a fiasco of sorts with the US Postal Service. First, some background:


Over a year ago, Jake and I bought our new car, our 2008 Honda CRV. I already had a Mistubishi Lancer and we were thinking of what we might do with it. Jake wanted to sell it, but I didn't. I had a BETTER idea. It's been a kind of tradition in my family to gift old cars to those in the family who need them. My cousin Megan was given 2 cars, one from my mom and one from my grandmother when she bought her Saturn in 1995. When it was my turn for my first car, Megan gave me her grandma-gifted 1984 Buick. Of course there are other car-gifts, but I don't really remember them too much.





My cousins, Adam and Barbara live in Mesa, AZ with their two dogs and were in need of a car. I decided it was my turn to perpetuate the tradition by giving them the Lancer. It was the best thing I ever did, and I've never regretted the decision. Of course every time I talk to them on the phone, thank-yous come even now, a year later. So, as a thank you gift, Barbara made me a quilt. She sent it (I'm guessing) the week before last. Monday, I got an orange slip saying the carrier wasn't allowed to just leave packages on the doorstep and for me to sign the slip, authorizing him/her to leave the box at my door, which I did.





An entire week went by and I went to the post office, tried to get in touch with our carrier, called the USPS, all with no outcome. So, Jake talked to the mail carrier for the office and he said "I'll try to find it for you". Well, he did! I gave him a huge hug and was so happy to have SOMEONE in the USPS who cares about what they do. Thank you Barbara and Adam for the gorgeous quilt!






Also, in about 18 hours, Jake, my Dad and I will be on a plane to Texas for 5 days. I'll try to blog while I'm there, but I can't guarantee anything. I promise to blog when I get home though. No worries! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's very cool!