A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Instead of weekly video...

So, my post yesterday was titled "Going Whole-Hog"...well I guess it wouldn't be considered going whole hog since it's something I've wanted for the past 7 years.

I've learned in my life that you should be proud of who you are, including your heritage. I connect more with my Irish side than my Portuguese side since I know more about the former. When I got my tattoo on my ankle, I knew it's what I wanted because it's a part of who I am, and I'm proud to be who I am...so why stop there?


So, I got another one. Another tattoo. It's actually the original one I wanted when I was thinking of getting my first one, but I held off because it was quite big and I didn't want to be discouraged or scarred for life, so I started small with the Cap sign on my ankle.


This one has meant a lot to me. It's the Claddagh. It's the hands holding the heart with the crown on top. Each symbol has a meaning. The hands mean friendship, the crown means loyalty and the heart means love. This symbol meant so much to me as it is a symbol of my Irish heritage and because the different elements of the symbol mean a lot to me. I love my friends, I love my family, and I am loyal to a fault (according to my mom and Jake).


So I went back to the guy who did my ankle and the whole process took about an hour. I sat in a chair and thought the entire time "this is who I am, be proud...be proud...be proud". By the way, manufacturers of those machines need to make those things have a pleasant sound rather than the...well..tattoo needle sound. So, here it is. My #2.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and I have always loved the Claddagh, being that I am 1/2 Irish (exactly-isn't that neat?).
Good for you. It looks just wonderful! I wish I had the guts!

Stefanie K. said...

I love the tattoo.

I told you they were addictive and to wait a year (not like I'm your mom or anything, but do you see my point now??)...I hope you forever love it. It's a beautiful tattoo, but I really regret the one I got after my first one (got it like 2 weeks later) b/c I know it was 40% wanting the tattoo and 60% addicted to tattoos after the first, and really all tattoos should be 100% wanting the tattoo.

Again though, I really like the tattoo itself.