A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

TTC Update

I was taking Medproxyprogesterone to get AF when I wasn't able to in order to take the Clomid to ovulate and do the IUIs.

A few months ago, it was decided that I would start taking Metformin 500mg to adjust my blood sugar levels because of my Insulin Resistance caused by my PCOS was possibly blocking my eggs from developing appropriately. About 3 weeks later, I took a blood test, with no changes in my glucose levels. Bummer. So I spoke to my PCP and he prescribed that I take 1000mg a day instead and take another test. I did, and my glucose levels were within the normal range they should be as if I didn't have Insulin Resistance. (see other post below). Waiting for the Metformin to take effect was hard for me because it wasn't necessarily a step backward, but it was a stand still. I went through it knowing I was doing what was best for my future child. I have a wonderful new OBGYN who is really looking out for me, and who am I to be selfish and TTC anyways and possibly endanger the life of my future baby? Insulin Resistance is a cause of Diabetes which is directly linked to preventable birth defects in fetuses.

So after the test results came back, I was ready to start again. With my OBGYN's permission, Jake and I would try for one cycle one our own and then one cycle with an IUI for timing reasons. So I took the Medproxyprogesterone that was prescribed by my former OBGYN, for 10 tens as instructed. Nothing happened. I called my doctor and he said to take some HPTs and if nothing showed up within 2 weeks of the last day I took the last pill, I was to call him and he would order a blood pregnancy test. If that came out negative, he would prescribe a different form of Progesterone and increase my dosage of Clomid since I had been on 100mg for a while and nothing seemed to be happening. Now with the Metformin and losing a few pounds, I was on my way to really giving this the greatest shot I'd been able to give it since we started.

Yesterday, I went in for my blood test. When I asked the phlebotomist (I call them vampires) when I would get the results, she said normally within 2-3 days but since it was so slow for them yesterday I should check tomorrow (meaning today). So Jake and I went out, came home and I pushed my luck and checked for the results yesterday, no luck. This morning when I woke up the first thing I checked was for my results: Negative. It was what I suspected the results would be given I had taken 3 HPTs and all were negative. I would've been more worried if the blood test had come up positive. So yesterday while at the hospital, I also got my prescription just in case and voila! I'm going to start taking it today...for 10 days. Now all I have to do is get the medicine going, survive through my "surgery" Friday (5 days and counting), handle the recovery well, get AF and do this right. I've purchased a real BBT thermometer, we're going to reset the CBEFM and I'm going to get some OPKs. We're going to time the heck out of this. In the meantime, I've purchased a DVD: Walking at Home by Leslie Sansone. It really helps me. I'm also doing my Physical Therapy exercises to build my core muscle and help my back heal more.

So there you have it. That's where we are. I've got such hope, and I've been praying more than ever before in recent weeks. I'm so glad to FINALLY have a doctor who really cares about not only my wanting to have a child, but he also wants me to have it the right way...the healthy way.

No comments: