A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day and countdown continues

10 days and counting until my wisdom teeth come out. The day is growing very near very quickly. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that this needs to happen. As much as I'm nervous about scalpels and swelling, I know I will be doing my mouth and my health a world of good by getting this overwith. I just hope the recovery doesn't kick my butt too hard.

Labor Day weekend has come and gone. Where has the year gone? Seriously. It felt like last week that we were celebrating Valentine's Day...and now we're already into Fall!? Speaking of Fall, Starbucks has officially begun its Pumpkin Spice Latte ad campaign. Yummy. Unfortunately, I am doing my best to cut out as much caffeine as possible while Jake and I are trying to have a baby. I guess I can get it decaf...ooh...now you have me thinking. ;)

Anyways, here is what Jake and I did this weekend. It's boring, but I felt like writing.

Friday: Got off work, went home and changed my pants for shopping (I like to be comfy). Picked up Jake, went to Luckys for our grocery shopping. Store was E.M.P.T.Y. No people. None. We were 2 of about 10 people not including employees in the entire store. It was eery but it made shopping fly by. Went home, unloaded groceries, watched TV until bedtime.

Saturday: Date night. Jake and I haven't had a date night in a loooooong time. We went to Red Lobster (in Vallejo) and a movie...District 9. My first time seeing it, Jake's 2nd. I liked it a lot. It was a sad story, but definitely one that makes you think. Instead of humans being the destroyed species and then coming back victorious, we were the assholes. I'm sorry to cuss in my blog, but that's exactly what we were...assholes. I won't give the story away, but it made me realize that we aren't always the victims. We can be the offenders too.

Sunday: Sailing! I'd never been sailing. Jake and I took Dramamine for precautions. It wasn't a big sail, just putt-putting around the SF Bay. I steered the boat for about an hour, and I learned about sailing etiquette, terminology and how to work together as a team to make sure you make back to the marina in one piece. We saw sea lions, pelicans diving for food, many birds and porpoises! We sailed for 6 and a half hours. It was exhausting...fun but exhausting. We got home and I forced (yes, forced) myself to make dinner. After I had a bit or two, I went straight to bed. I slept for 12 hours straight (9pm to 9am Monday morning).

Monday: Woke up to Jake doing his presentation for his Psych class. He had a meeting with his debate group in Concord. Made breakfast and Jake left for his meeting. I did laundry. All. Day. Long. It was wonderful, and I mean that sincerely. I watched a marathon of SuperNanny and the cats took a looooong nap. Lazy day. Jake came home early and we did the dishes together. Tried to watch Fast Food Nation, but had to turn it off. Horrible movie. I don't recommend it. Jake BBQ'd and I did the corn. Had dinner, watched TV. Went to bed.

Uneventful weekend except for the sailing, and even though it was 3 days long it was still too short. We need a vacation. Badly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!
Fast Food Nation is an eye-opening film. It's not something I would watch for joy though.