A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

T-minus 2 days

In 48 hours, I'll be in the oral surgeon's chair getting all kinds of sleepy-time drugs so they can rip my teeth out. That's the stuff of nightmares right there.

I'm not so much scared, but more nervous. Of course these days, I'm counting all these procedures as practice for giving birth. I've had blood tests, IUIs, good news, bad news, and now my first IV and being put to sleep (if God forbid I need an emergency c-section). I'm counting all this as minor experience so I know what to expect...to a degree.

I'm also thinking this is probably like the tattoos. Everyone says it's horrible, the pain...oh the pain. And for me it might not be that bad? Tolerable? My parents have decided they will come up Friday to watch over me while Jake is at work for the rest of the day. I'm sure it'll get to the point where I'll wake up in my own bed from a very long nap and think "Whoa...how did I get here? Last thing I remember is being at the doctor's office". I'm fully expecting a surreal and moderately painful experience. But I know this is another thing I have to do to get myself ready for all that is to come. I just wish I wasn't so nervous.

No comments: