A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In today's news...

First off, let me just apologize to anyone reading this blog and finding it a perpetual downer. I'm trying to keep things as updated as possible, and this seems to be my own way to vent as of late. I'm hoping with all these extra hoops I have to jump through, seeing a positive pregnancy test will make "victory" that much sweeter. Here's the latest:

I went to see my PCP today to discuss possible diabetic medication. When I see my doctor, I'm constantly reminded of how laid back and easy going he is. It puts me at ease right away, which is exactly what I need that this point. We looked at my blood test results and compared them with previous tests. He suggested I register for the weight management class (duh) and ordered some more labs. Also, he mentioned I'm due for a tetanus shot...fun times all around for Laurel. I skipped the shot and will do it on Saturday so Jake can go with me. I'm a wimp when it comes to needles and I'm just beginning to be okay with the idea of blood tests.

He contacted the (let's see if I can spell this correctly) Endocrinology department to approve his request for my medication since they don't hand it out lightly. He also mentioned that even though I'm considered "Pre-diabetic", I WILL become a full-on Diabetic in my lifetime. Again, fun times for all around for me. I'm willing to accept that this is a possibility, but right now I need to concentrate on postponing that transition as much as possible.

I'm pretty much just adding this crapola to my list.
Overweight? Check.
Infertile? Check.
Diabetic? Check.

Life is just frikkin peachy isn't it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me want to cry.
I'm "pre-diabetic" also.
Does this mean the same for me?

LoLo Smith said...

No...it's doesn't mean the same for you. Don't cry. I'm just being hard on myself. My pre-diabetes is too advanced for me not to become diabetic one day. I'm just being hard on myself, as I've been told by MANY people. ((hugs)).