A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The calm after the storm

Yesterday was very difficult for me. I had to fight back tears all day long. I'm not going to lie that I did have my hopes up for this cycle as it was my wish to tell Jake and my Dad that I'm pregnant as a Father's Day gift. Obviously, that isn't happening. There's nothing I can do about it now.

I have switched OBGYNs. I have found that my former OB that I first chose is constantly out of the office and seems a little short with me at times. When Jake and I first signed up for the infertiltiy clinic, we met another doctor who is co-head of the clinic. He's done one of my IUIs and has been my go-to guy when my OBGYN wasn't in the office. Yesterday, I switched over to him. I contacted him to ask his advice on how to proceed from here, and he asked if my former doctor told me of his suggestion. It turns out HE was the one who suggested I have the glucose blood test for further research and possible diabetic regulatory medication, and the Endometrial Biopsy to check my hormone levels. He has taken the initiative with my case, and he wasn't my doctor! (until yesterday). I feel more comfortable with him and he's just an all around more personable doctor with these delicate situations. I feel kind of bad for "abandoning" my former OB, but I need to do what's best for Jake, myself and our situation.

2 comments:

Megan :) said...

Good decision! Not that you need confirmation from me or anything, but just sayin'. Hopefully things will be better with a change of care!? Looking forward to seeing you for the 4th!!
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are making decisions that are best for yourself. Being proactive is wonderful.