A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Post-op appointment

This morning I had my post-operative appointment with my oral surgeon. The appointment lasted all of 10 minutes. He came in, checked my sockets and I told him about the dry socket. He said I might have had one from my description, but all 4 sockets are healing nicely. He was most impressed with how clean I've been keeping the surgical areas, and my mouth in general. I told him I swish with Biotene after every meal because I didn't want food particals in the sockets.

He said the top two are pretty much healed and that tops heal WAY faster than bottoms. The two bottoms are also healing nicely and he said it usually takes about 2 months total for the bottom teeth to heal like I've never had teeth there to begin with. I'm two weeks in, so I think another 6 weeks to go. I can handle it.

One thing is I asked him about this pain I had in my lower left jaw where it felt like I had a golf ball in my mouth. He said I more-than-likely have a hematoma in my lip/jaw that will heal on it's own. It's like a really bad bruise that takes a while to heal.

All in all, I was a happy girl. No bad news is good news for me. :)

No comments: