A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Balsamic-Glazed Salmon

Jake and I are big fish people. We looooooove us some good fish. For this my mom thinks I'm some sort of alien, my Dad thinks it's my Portuguese side peeking out a little. Regardless, I love fish. Yum.

This is a recipe that I've been wanting to try for a while, but just had the inspiration to try. Usually Jake and I grilled fish instead of baking it, but the baking turned out pretty tasty.

Enjoy!


Balsamic-Glazed Salmon
6 servings
Total prep & cook time: 30 minutes
Recipe and picture from allrecipes.com

6 (5 oz) salmon fillets
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp honey
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
4 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Coast a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 mins. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 mins or until slightly thickened.

3. Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with oregano.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze, and season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving skin behind on foil.


No comments: