A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkins by Martha Stewart

I have a confession: I want to be Martha Stewart. I mean, can the woman ever mess up ANYTHING!? I know there are some who consider her to be...well...the Anti-Christ (seriously). I used to be one of them until I opened my mind up to her brilliance of creating really cool things for any house, party, etc. Saturday while at my parents' house, Jake and I watched her Halloween special. I love her holiday specials. I have to say that Christmas is my favorite. Halloween never ceases to amaze me though. Here are some pumpkins carvings from her website. I actually saw her make the pumpkin snake. It was SO COOL.


You can carve your pumpkins into a "Haunted Village"


You can go for the dark green pumpkin-like gourds for a more spooky look.


You can make lacey designs like cream glass patterns (all free handed by the way...how the heck does she do that!?)


And last but not least, the pumpkin snake (isn't that too cool?)

1 comment:

Megan :) said...

do you still carve pumpkins? I do!! I think I'm the only one in my house who loves it. :) Wish we were closer, then we could carve our pumpkins together! Love you Lo-Lo!!!

BTW...the Beyonce' Baby video was just plain HILARIOUS!!! and the cat ones are always GREAT. ;)