A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Teeter-tottering

Jake and I have reached a crossroads in this journey to baby. Well, it's more like a freeway onramp.

Today is day 34 of my cycle and I've detected no ovulation. I know. It's sad. I'm sad. I've shed some tears today. For real.

I decided to email my doctor this morning to let him know of our predicament. I quickly got a phone call from him telling me that I need to take a test at home and if it's negative and I have been taking my medication as prescribed (which I have), that I will need to be referred to an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) in San Francisco. This isn't necessarily bad news, but it's news I didn't want to necessarily deal with.

I told myself in the beginning that we wouldn't get this far. We wouldn't get to the RE stage. From what I've heard from our OB, it's pretty...intense, for lack of a better word. When the OB basically says "I can't help you", then they bring in the big guns. This is where I will be closely monitored with medication (possibly injectables), tests, and a different doctor I've never met.

Deep in my heart, I know this is the right path. I know this will give us even more options and opportunities to have a child vs. before when we were being dicked around (pardon my french) by our former OBGYN. For some odd reason, I don't really know how to react or feel about it. I know it's not like EVERYONE is throwing in the towel, but it's still kind of bittersweet.

And yes, I still wear my ring (every day) that says "Everything is Possible When You Have Faith"

No comments: