A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Instead of weekly video - 10/16/09

Every morning, the first thing I do is look out the window to see the weather. It helps me to figure out if I'm to bring a jacket that day, or no. Today, I was met with foggy and wet weather, and something more.

Confession: I hate spiders. OK, so that's not really a confession. But I shouldn't say I hate them, I hate that I'm afraid of them. They are the ultimate creepy crawly to me and I hate that something 1/1000th the size of me scares me so much. The other night Jake and I went out (I forget what we went out for) and on the way up the steps to our house is our mailbox. I opened the mailbox, got the mail and closed the door. All of a sudden, a blackish shadow moved up the mailbox right where my hand was. A spider. A BIG spider. I literally screamed like a little girl and ran up the steps to the front door. I immediately felt like a fool. And yes, I know you're probably laughing at me right now.

Now back to this morning. I looked out the window that our front door has to see what kind of weather was happening this morning. I saw fog and freshly-rained-on street. In one corner of our porch, this is what I was met with as well:



A beautiful spider web, wet with rain and dew


And may I present, the artiste:


A common garden spider. This was the culprit who scared me from my mailbox. After seeing this artwork/house for him/her, I couldn't be upset with it.

No comments: