A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Ever since I was little, going to the pumpkin patch at Halloween-time was a HUGE thing. It was a choice between Dad, Mom and I and it HAD to be a group agreement on "the chosen one". Of course, as years passed, I started taking over the carving part and we started purchasing more than one pumpkin. I believe one year, we had about 4 different ones, which I carved every single one.

I remember sitting at the kitchen table. My Dad and I would talk for about an hour on facial features and if we wanted a happy, mean, or sad face. Then I discovered Pumpkin Masters carving pattern books. We get the new one every year, and it never gets old. When I met Jake, he didn't really know how to carve a pumpkin, so I showed him and tried to make it enjoyable. I showed him the gooey parts on the inside is the coolest sight to see and how to scoop the inside. I put on Halloween movies and we would line the kitchen table with newspaper. The best part was showing the finished product to my Mom and Dad.

Going to the pumpkin patch is something Jake and I both look forward too all year. Of course, Mom has to come along too...



VICTORY!!! I found one!



Jake with our pickin's...

Me visiting the sunflower field

Mom's four-wheelin' it...

Jake's pick of the pumpkin litter

2 comments:

Megan :) said...

I LOVE the pumpkin patch!!! Must be in the blood? hehehe.
P.S. You look FABULOUS! Keep up the great work on getting healthy. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys got to go have some fun this weekend!

~Jamers