A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Kale Chips

I don't know if you've heard about the phenomenon of kale. Growing up, kale was always that weird, curly-lettuce garnish on plates at restaurants. It turns out that it's one of the healthiest foods you can have. I never really knew what to do with it until my neighbor said "I LOVE kale chips!" So I turned to Google and found a recipe and decided to simplify it. It's the easiest thing to make! When they were done, Jake was a little apprehensive but after me convincing him to at least try it and THEN say he didn't like it, he tried it. After that, I couldn't keep him away from the bowl. So here you go...

Enjoy!

Kale Chips
Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook time: 20 mins, TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
Recipe and Photo by: Me!

1 head (or bunch) of fresh Kale with ribs removed and cut/torn into 1.5 to 2 inch pieces
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of kosher salt

1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

2. When you wash your kale, make sure it's completely dry before performing this recipe. I apparently had some extra water in there somewhere and some of the kale turned out steamed and a little limp.

3. In a bowl, lightly massage kale with the olive oil to make sure it coats completely. Place kale evenly on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with the salt.

4. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven. After the 10 minutes, flip the kale over and bake for another ten minutes.



No comments: