A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Crispy Rosemary Chicken and "Fries"

Lately, some of my recipe attempts have been a bust, so I was a little apprehensive to try this one. Of course, after reading all the reviews about how delicious this meal was, I knew I had to try it. It's basically 5 ingredients (except for salt and pepper which are needed a little) and super easy to make. So I decided to share it with you! I put "Fries" in apostrophe marks because the picture in the original recipe looks like fries, but they didn't come out like fries when I made it, but still really yummy!

Crispy Rosemary Chicken and "Fries"
Recipe by SANDY WITEK of allrecipes.com, Photo by Me! :)
Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: approx 1 hour, TOTAL TIME: Approx 1 hour 15 mins

4 chicken thighs (I recommend bone-in with skin on to keep the chicken moist and skin gets crispy)
6-8 small red potatoes, quartered
1/4-1/2 cup EVOO (I used 1/2 cup and it was a little much, but it's good for basting the chicken)
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.

2. Place chicken and potatoes together in large bowl. Pour EVOO over them and mix together. Scatter the chicken and potatoes into baking dish or cookie sheet with sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano and salt and pepper (the potatoes especially need salt and pepper - I used Kosher salt)

3. Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven, uncovered. Baste chicken for the last 15 minutes for extra crispness. (When I baked the chicken, I baked it for an entire hour without basting, then basted the chicken, cooked for another 10 mins, then took the chicken out again, basted and baked for an additional 10 minutes - 20 extra minutes total.)

Enjoy!

(Sorry the picture is rotated, but you get the idea)

No comments: