A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Challenge Week #2

Last weekend Jake and I weighed in at WW (Weight Watchers) and both of us were 3lbs over the weight we were when we initially signed up in January. Bummer!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I have to admit...I'm nervous.

We've been alternating days where we walk and I've already noticed that my endurance is coming back. When I was in high school, I could do long distance walking like no one's business. I used to run during PE and almost went out for the track team but my knee crapped out in 7th grade and had never been the same since. So walking was a good gray-area for me. I could walk for MILES and not get tired. But of course, after HS and with working I stopped exercising and started gaining weight. I've never been a skinny girl, but I did notice that my endurance started dropping and I'd get winded VERY easily.

This morning, I was walking in the hills by my house and I noticed that when I started walking 2 weeks ago, I was sooooo tired by the time I got home. This morning, I only got winded towards the end after walking up about 4-5 upward slopes. It was an amazing feeling. I know waking up at 5:30 in the mornings isn't fun, but I find myself WANTING to go out early and walk. I am starting to really love it.

So I'm a little nervous that I haven't lost anything at the weigh-in tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: