A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Overwhelming prayer

Have you ever prayed so hard that you can feel your entire body, heart, and mind being consumed by that prayer and thought in that moment?

Saturday night after everyone left my parents' house from my mom's birthday dinner, Jake and I were sitting on the couch watching TV and talking. All of a sudden, he put his hand on my stomach and said "We're waiting for you little baby...please come so we can meet you." In that moment, I closed my eyes and prayed like I haven't prayed before. My whole body was seemingly weightless and my head clear in what I was praying for. I felt really good in that moment that everything was going to work out, and when I opened my eyes, I didn't want to let that feeling go. It was like being completely at peace.

I've never felt anything like it.

2 comments:

Megan :) said...

While reading this post a scripyure came to mind, so here you go:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7
(New International Version)

Another version says it like this:

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7
(New Living Translation)

I had fun hangin' out with you and the family this weekend. :) Love you Lo-Lo!!

Megan :) said...

* scripture* oops!