A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fore!

After 4 and a half years of me asking, hinting and even wondering if it'll ever happen, Jake took me to the driving range to teach me how to "play" golf. Jake's Dad (Hi Dad!) is a certified golf instructor and from what I've heard Jake is pretty good. When I say "play" golf, I mean teaching me how to hit the ball.

Unfortunately in my shyness and naivete, I thought my Scottish roots would peek mixed in with some beginners luck and I'd kick some ass. Didn't happen. I did hit some decent shots, but I'm not sure I made my golf-loving grandparents proud up there in the sky. They were probably rooting me on, and laughing at my screw-ups. Even I was laughing at them.


Disclaimer: Yes, I know I'm wearing flip flops. Yes I know those aren't good golfing shoes,and I could've gotten hurt. I apologize and will wear regular shoes next time.




First, the pro (compared to me, he's Tiger Woods):

And now...for your viewing humor...me:

I swear my follow-through got better after this shot.

No comments: