A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Good news from the Kaiser lab

This past weekend was a small victory for me.

So far Diabetes: 120, Laurel: 90.

That's right...the Metformin is WORKING!!!!! I had my blood drawn on Saturday morning at Kaiser San Jose (aka my old stomping grounds). The last time I had my blood glucose taken, I was at 120. You have to be 126 to be considered a full blown Diabetic. I was teetering on the edge, so to speak. But thanks to my PCP and my own pushiness, I got onto 1000mg/day and my levels dropped to within the "normal" range (60-99).

I emailed my OB this morning to see if I can restart trying during cycles. This result has given me the extra kick in the pants to get my keester in gear.

To celebrate, Jake and I went through our fridge and pantry and threw out all bad foods for us that we purchased in one of those notorious fits of grocery store weakness. I can't wait to go grocery shopping again this week! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats, Laurel! Good work on cleaning out the pantry.