A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

So very tired

I've been fairly "blah" company to be around the past few days. I'm not feeling like myself.

I had an IUI on Friday, and I've been pretty lethargic since. The couch and I have become VERY good friends, and Jake was a true trooper throughout the procedure.

We had to go in about 30-45 minutes beforehand to give them Jake's "sample", so they can "wash it" and get it prepped. I was a nervous wreck let me tell you. I kept thinking about this fairly traumatic incident I had to endure when I was about 9 years old, so I wasn't too excited in a good way to do this. Finally, I was called in and Jake was hot on my heels through the hallways into our little exam room. He brought video game cheat-sheet instructions to read (how like a guy right?)and I sat on the table, waiting for the doctor. Suddenly, I had the urge to go to the bathroom...and NOW! There was no leading up to it, it just hit me. So I went out into the hall and looked for the nearest restroom. As I was scoping out the hallway, Dr. Farkas came up to me and said "Laurel?" and I looked to my right and said "Oh, hello doctor." He said "I'm coming to see you right now" and I said "I'm so sorry, but I REALLY need to go to the bathroom". So he pointed me in the right direction and within 3 minutes, I was back in my room with Jake. As soon as I closed the door, I hear the nurse outside say "Dr. Farkas, the patient is back in her room" and within 2 minutes, he was in the room and we were discussing my progress.

The procedure itself was fairly painless, but just uncomfortable. It was like having an extended pelvic exam. The doctor made me laugh in the middle of the procedure, and I felt bad because I thought to myself "DON'T LAUGH!!! You don't want to ruin anything he's doing!" Within 20 minutes, I was done and laying on the exam table as instructed. I was told EVERYTHING looked perfect, and exactly where it should be at this point in the cycle.

One thing the doctor said to me afterwards was "OK, well we'll expect to hear from you because of one of two reasons: Either you're late, or aunt flow visited and we're all hoping it's the first reason." Jake and I both said "Me too" at the same time. Jake literally held my hand through the whole thing and talked to me for the 10 minutes I was laying down.

I had mild cramping as to be expected on and off throughout the day, as well as yesterday and today. I only expereienced spotting on Friday, which was also normal. But now, I don't know what's wrong with me. I have ZERO energy, I have a headache, the cramping has turned into a pressure-like feeling that feels like it's "moving" around in my belly. I actually just woke up from a 2 hour nap, and I NEVER nap...this is too wierd.

I'm due to test November 21st as aunt flow is due November 18th. I've decided to wait the extra torturous 3 days as a grace period window if she is indecisive of showing her face or not.

Here's hoping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes hun, here is to hoping!!