A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm hooked!

Jake and I saw Twilight on Sunday in the theater. I went into it with no expectations given that I haven't read the books. I never really read the book before seeing the movie. I usually see the movie first and then read the book afterwards. I read The Other Boleyn Girl after seeing the movie. The only movie I've seen AFTER reading the book was To Kill a Mockingbird in high school.

Anyways, back to the point. Even though there are some that like the book WAY better than the movie, I LOVED the movie. I'm a visual person by nature, so I enjoy movies, art, dance, and the like. I love the story of Edward and Bella and how their journey is a sort of original one. The details about the vampires are way different than in previous novels/movies. I like how the Cullens are portrayed not as monsters, but just a little different than other people (different meaning the vampire part).

After seeing the movie, I of course wanted to read the books. I told Jake I wanted to read them now, and he said "OK"...nothing more. Yesterday I told Jake I was going to go to Barnes and Noble and buy the book to read, but I would wait 'til Christmas in case Santa had other plans. 5 minutes later Jake came up and gave me the book. Apparently he'd been hiding it for Christmas, but decided to give it to me early.

I love the book too! I was reading it 'til I fell asleep and couldn't hold the book anymore. I can't wait to go home and read it some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found something you enjoy so much! I'm not sure if I will ever get into this trend, but I can appreciate how much people love it.

Anonymous said...

Ok- I admit it.
I saw the movie this week and got hooked as well. I just finished the first book. *sigh* I love it. There!