A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Three

Three. Three years ago. I was getting my hair done. I was watching out of the corner of my eye, all of the most important people in my life scurry around a hotel suite giggling and talking. I had a few more hours. I could relax. But I couldn't. I wanted to know where he was, what he was thinking. Was he happy? Were his buddies trying to go through the whole "you can still back out now" teasing spiel? Was his Dad with him? It was so important that his Dad be with him.

I was staring at my dress, twinkling in the closet from the overhead recessed light. I love that dress. I remember trying it on...I knew. It was the one, just like Jake. He made me feel loved for who I am instead of who he might want me to be, because I AM who he wants me to be. I'm me. And he is him. And then it was time. Between the photographer's clicks from the cameras to wanting to know if everyone was ready to trying not to smudge my makeup. This was the day I had dreamed about since I was little. I wanted to be the princess. But I wasn't a princess. I was a woman...a woman who had made her choice of all the men in the world. And what a choice I made. He is my perfect fit, my comfortable slippers. He told me he loved me besides all the BS I had been through in previous years. He wanted me. Me. Just me.


So three years ago, I married Jacob Smith. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Happy Anniversary Jake. I love you always.








1 comment:

Megan :) said...

Awwwwwwwwww!! I remember that day too...It was sooo much FUN. ;)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!