A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Breakthrough Moments

After work yesterday, I trekked over to Target to get some cleaning supplies and some snacks for Jake. I also had to get a baby gift for a family friend, who's son was just born last week.

In the past while at places like Target, I would pass by the baby department and pickup little outfits and turn into a semi-blubbering mess. Lately, I've been feeling really good. I've lost approximately 10 pounds (give or take an ounce or two), and regularly taking my daily medicine and trying to not let IF treatments get me down. Jake and I are in the best place we've been in for a long time and it flowed over into my attitude while passing the baby department yesterday. I had a breakthrough.

Instead of stopping and gushing over the cute outfits and almost crying, I calmly walked past the department, looked at the baby stuff and said "In due time...In due time". No crying, no stopping, just calm and cool. I was so proud of myself. Sure it was a little tough, I expected it to be. But it wasn't as dramatic as past trips. And I was by myself. I handled it all on my own.

It may not sound like much to some, but for me...it was a HUGE step.

1 comment:

Megan :) said...

Way to go Laurel...sooo proud of you!!