A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And we're off!!

Alrighty, here it goes...

This past weekend, Jake and I went to his grandparents' cabin by Tahoe. Saturday before leaving, I stopped in by Kaiser and had my blood tests taken and a hospital-style pregnancy test. The pregnancy test was to see if I already am pregnant, because if I was then I couldn't take the Clomid. Well, the results were negative (darnit!)...but that's OK.

Monday night, I started taking the Progesterone and on CD3, I'm to start taking the Clomid for ovulation. Monday night was my goal day for taking the Progesterone and it was pretty funny watching me try to get internet access up in the mountains, according to Jake. Word of advice...there is NO internet up in the mountains! :) So I called 411 for the line to Kaiser, and I got my test results that way. Thank the Lord for 411!

Today is day 3 of 8 in taking the Prog. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works. I know it's sort of foolish to do so, but I'm kind of getting my hopes up about this. This is what was the plan, I knew I needed Clomid at some point. I discovered this medication while watching an episode of Mystery Diagnosis with my mom. The lady featured had all the symptoms I had, but to a more extreme degree. She took the medication and went on to have 2 kids. I'm hoping that since my symptoms aren't as extreme, and I'm still ovulating (but very sporatically), that the medication will work for me as well.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I'm not really thinking of this as a "race" per-se, but more of a process on learning how to walk for the first time. We need to take a couple of steps, fall down and then learn the flow and balance. Once we geting going...we're off like a herd of turtles! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Jake for taking these steps, it's all very exciting! I hope things work out for you!
-Patty