A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When your husband's an angel...

I've been a fan of Sex and the City since it aired in 1998. I've never missed an episode...in the four women's personalities, you can find a little bit of yourself in each of them. I was so bummed when the show ended...so you could tell how excited I was to see the movie.

Jake and I saw it on a date night. He didn't really understand the plots until I got the entire series on DVD for Christmas one year and we sat and watched the entire series from beginning to end. I've been anxiously waiting for the movie to come out on DVD. When it did yesterday, I was in my bookkeeping class and couldn't run to Best Buy to get it. Of course, I knew there were more important things than a DVD, so I figured I'd wait.

Fast forward to today...I've been having a HORRIBLE week. With taking my temperature every morning for charting and getting to be very close pals with my ovulation predictor kit...with every passing day and no plus sign...I was getting the blues. I actually broke down at the office on Monday...it was not a good day. Jake had been in class all day and I had been at the office doing..well...my job. When he came back in the afternoon, he brought me lunch. He set the bag on my desk and whispered "I got you something." I look at him and said "what" and he said "lift up the bag"...so I did. There it was...Sex and the City, the Movie!!! He bought it for me to help me feel better this week. It totally made my day. I didn't even ask for it, he just got it for me.

With all I've been going through, he's been there for me. He's never complained and has been my biggest cheerleader. He knows how hard I'm willing to fight for a baby, and I know I can count on him to be there every step of the way. He's been so supportive and selfless through this whole thing. He always makes sure I'm testing correctly and taking my temperature every morning. Every day this week that I've been testing with the ovulation kit, I've been getting a negative result. Each time, he asks me "Did you get the smiley face yet?" and when I say I didn't, he says "Oh..dammit...well...we'll get one tomorrow." He's the best.

I love him so much.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Aww, Jake rocks! I hope you got the extended version with all of the extras ;)