A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jake!

Last Friday was Jake's 29th birthday. Of course, being the procrastinator he can be, Jake decided to wait till the day before to tell me what he wanted. So I ran around like a crazy mad woman getting him what I could. So, he got two PS3 games from me: Civilization Revolution and I reserved Madden '09 for him, and the cats got him the Iron Man game. The cats and I decided it is our personal mission to get Jake every Marvel game we can for his PS3.

Friday night was also the Summer concert series in town, so we stayed until the end and left for Jake's grandparents' cabin near Tahoe. Traffic was horrible, but that's alright. We got there safely. The cabin is really nice and we gave Grandma Shirley her belated birthday gifts and they gave Jake his. The next morning, Grandma Shirley, Aunt Edna, Jake and I went to the clubhouse where the cabin is to have a community breakfast they have from time to time. We had biscuits and gravy, which was my first time having it, and it was pretty good. When we got back to the cabin, I baked Jake Red Velvet cupcakes for his birthday and then we went into South Lake Tahoe for the day. Lynn, Grandma Shirley, Grandpa Del and Aunt Edna went for a picnic at Wrights Lake.

While Jake and I were in Tahoe and there was a Sammy Hagar concert at Harvey's. Jake and I walked around Heavenly Village and did some shopping, and I gambled a little at Harvey's. I won $55 on $5 playing Deuces Wild...it's all beginners luck. We then went to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe' and that was pretty good...loud but good. Then we went back to the cabin and had cupcakes and played Life for a while...

The next morning we slept in and left around 4pm and stopped at Wrights Lake to scope out some potential camping spots. Then we stopped in Placerville at Mel's Drive In for dinner...

So this weekend was great and the weather was amazing! It was warm, but breezy and nothing beat the smell of mountain air...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Where I live, it's always mountain air!

I'm glad you guys had such a nice weekend and happy birthday to J! We're actually planning to go scope out some camping spots next weekend near Lake Almanor.

Oh, and our cats give presents too. Last year they gave me a new scratching post, hehe.