A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

F/U: Doctor's appointment yesterday

Yesterday I was a wreck...a nervous wreck. Counting down the hours until Jake and I could leave was pure torture. I wanted to hear what the doctor had to say, I wanted to know our chances of having a child. The butterflies in my stomach were so strong, my legs were twitching and my hands were shaking. Did I mention I was nervous?

So the time came and Jake drove (thank you Honey) because all I could do was try to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I had my BBT charts in my hand as well as the lab results the hospital sent to me in case the doctor needed to see them. Jake tried to make small talk with me in the waiting room to calm me down, but I was still a little shaky. FINALLY the nurse calls my name and Jake and I follow her through what feels like a Labirynth of hallway to the doctor's actual office. Not an exam room, her actual office. I instantly felt calm and sort of happy to be there. The shaking stopped, and I introduced the doctor to Jake and we sat down.

She asked questions and I answered, and I asked her questions and she answered. She took us through the lab results and what they meant and basically told us they were what she was expecting given my history with PCOS. She asked about any previous medications I'd taken and I asked her about ones I'm taking now and would they effect the pregnancy? She included Jake a lot in our conversation and talked to the both of us, and not just to me. She looked us square in the eyes and never talked down to us. She acted like we've been her patients forever and Jake really likes her. She gave us instructions on what to do from here regarding blood tests and our new medicine and said she hopes to see us with a little one cooking soon. She also made it blatantly clear that if I ever have any questions to call her or email her at any time and she'll get back to me within 24 hours. What's funny is she put me on Clomid, which has a 5% chance of twins...oh Lord...

On the way home, I felt so relieved. My questions had been answered and we were shown a path to make this process easier on us. Suddenly, a lot of the stress and worry was gone and Jake and I just enjoyed ourselves when we got home. We watched a movie, talked...and just enjoyed each other's company. Oh, and last night I had the best sleep I've had in a while.

1 comment:

Megan :) said...

It's good to hear that your fears and concerns have been calmed. :) Sounds like you have an amazing doctor! My OB did the same thing on my first pre-natal visit...he talked with me and Jon in his office for like 45 minutes. These doctors are rare...hang on to her...I'm hanging onto mine! Now you guys are on the road to parenthood...how exciting...yay for making babies! hehehe.