A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Psi-Chi...Holla!!

I am so PROUD to announce that Jake, my hubby, has been accepted into the SFSU chapter of the International Honor Society for Psychology!!! This means he has maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND be within the top 35% of their class (he's currently a Junior). HOLLA!!!

I must tell you, Jake works hard. I know a lot of people say "my husband works hard", and I can appreciate that, but Jake is a beast. This is his schedule basically for the week:

Monday: Work 8:30-7pm, come home and spend most of his evening with the baby. After the baby goes to sleep, he studies for about an hour.

Tuesday: Wake up 4:30am, 2-hour BART ride into SF, go to class from 8am to 11am, ride BART back, get to work at around 12:30pm, work until 7pm, then come home and spends his evening with the baby. After the baby goes to sleep, he studies for about 1-2 hours.

Wednesday: Same as Monday.

Thursday: Same as Tuesday.

Friday: Same as Monday.

And now that it's tax season, he works EVERY Saturday from now until the weekend of the tax deadline from 10am to about 3-4pm. We also go to our WW meeting at 8:30am.

Yeah, I don't exaggerate when I say Jake works hard. He's supposed to graduate with his Bachelors next May, so it'll be awesome for him to have a break for a little bit with his degree until he goes to Graduate school...then it's a whole 'nother ball game.

Being a member of Psi Chi means he'll be able to put that honor on his resume, it'll be part of his credentials (or so I've heard), and he'll get a spiffy little something to wear with his cap and gown on graduation day. I'm so proud of you, Jake!!! Congrats!

No comments: