A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, February 3, 2012

A for Effort

Lately I have noticed that I haven't been feeling good-looking. In the mornings, it takes me a while to get out of bed and get ready. By the time I need to leave the house, I skip makeup and doing my hair - I pull it back into a bun. It was OK for a little while, but then I noticed I didn't feel professional at work. I didn't feel presentable.

I also discovered that I can curl my hair a little bit with a flat iron - it takes a bit of wrist-action. So on the days I have more time (this week was Mon, Wed and Fri), I did my hair and I've been doing my makeup every day. I feel like I can talk to anyone and not worry about that zit on my chin, or the dark circles under my eyes because it's got a bit of help.

So I'm making a pledge to do my hair and makeup almost every day. I say that now, but someone will have to remind me of that when I'm pulling my wet hair into a bun for work and not putting on my makeup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good goal. It's one that I struggle with, too. I go through periods of taking time and getting myself dolled up, and times of just running out the door. I actually found that when I switched to a high quality makeup and new Hot Tools curling iron, I started actually wanting to get ready in the morning. Good luck with your new goal!