A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Smell

One of the symptoms of this pregnancy I've noticed is my heightened sense of smell. I can smell the weirdest things and the normal smells are a little more intense. So yesterday while walking home from work, I started thinking about smells. People who know me well know that I LOVE scented candles, perfumes, lotions, laundry detergents...anything that smells good. But I don't go for the super fruity smells, or the strong smells. I go for whatever appeals to me, which I notice is more the fresh and flowery scents. So here are some of my favorite smells in the world and why:

Freshly dried laundry - it makes the world a better place

"Harvest" scented Yankee Candle - it envokes the essence of Fall

A humid Summer night - the fresh, balmy smell is refreshing after a hot day

Tan Bark - brings me back to playing on playgrounds as a child

Hello Kitty store - Only my mom understands

BBQ - is there anything better?

The night air on Halloween or Christmas Eve - just trust me, it's amazing

The inside spine of old library books - ahh, the smell of knowledge

A fresh Christmas tree - this is pretty obvious

Wood burning in a fireplace - memories abound

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any more right now. What are some of your favorite smells?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of clean, hot from the dryer laundry.
My mom likes the smell of gasoline. Yuck!

Megan :) said...

I like the smell in the air of a wood burning fireplace. It reminds me of the cabin...and when Grandpa would make a fire at their house. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's so nostalgic for me.
I also like the smell of eminent rain. :)
There is this weird fruity plastic smell I smell in the air every once in a blue moon and it reminds me of being a little girl. Weird right!?! I think it stems from having a Strawberry Shortcake doll. LOL.