A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pregnancy Dreams

When people said "you'll have weird and intense dreams while you're pregnant", weren't kidding! The Sandman is officially fired. I'm telling you, I have had some of the most frustrating and strangest dreams I've ever had in my life. Last night, I was kind of scared. Here are a few of the most strange dreams I've had lately.

Last night: I'm being chased by my grandmother and aunt through a convenience/Dollar Tree combo store. I'm hiding a couple of aisles away when they peek over and spot me, then they run (and my grandmother has a walker in real life, people) after me. I get out of the store and it's night time, so I go to the one place I know neither of them would set foot in...a bar. I convince the two bouncers that Grandma and Auntie are after me, and quickly make friends with them. Next thing I know, I'm sitting down, look to the left and my grandmother is sitting in the bar a few tables away, but her back is to me. No escape. Crap. Then (even weirder) I look out the tinted bar windows, and my aunt is in a big van, and is scanning the bar for me with a red laser. The laser barely misses me, and the alarm wakes me up.

Sunday night: I'm a pregnant bride, but everything is falling apart. My family is stuck at the hotel because the swimming pool is "free", there's a lion in a cage inside the chapel that the pastor insists is Jake's best man. My Dad is asleep and won't wake up (yes, he's alive), Jake is nowhere to be found and the buffet dinner is comprised entirely of olives. I hate olives. Somehow in my mind though, I thought if I reasoned with the lion, everything will be alright in the end.

Last week: Jake is cheating on me...with twin sisters. In real life, if I had caught Jake cheating on me, let's just say he wouldn't be walking for a long time. But in this dream, all I kept thinking is "I don't want to make him mad, so I won't say anything to him".

There are many more I've had, but I can't remember them all right now. Some, obviously, are stranger than others...but they're all pretty weird. Some are actually fun to share (the wedding one was a riot for Jake) and others, all I can say when I wake up is "I had the weirdest dream last night" because it's too complicated to tell at the time.

Just thought I would share.

1 comment:

Megan :) said...

OMGosh...this is hilarious!! LOL.
I had nightmares with both my pregnancies. It's one of the things I dislike about being preggo. I typically don't dream, so any dream...especially a nightmare...is weird!