A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3 years

3 years ago, my sister in law was in pain. She was in labor with her first child. My mother in law took up residence in her living room to help her through the labor since her boyfriend was on vacation at the time. Jake and I regularly called to check in every 3-4 hours or so. My favorite call was when Jake asked "How's Summer doing?" and MIL answered "She's asleep in the bathtub". Thinking about that call still makes me giggle.


The following day, Jake and I were in a tax class at H&R Block to get a head start on what we needed to learn for the business we started. Summer had been in labor since 2 days before that, so we knew she was getting worn down. She had tried to go to the hospital but was sent home because she was "too happy" to occupy a hospital bed in labor. At around 10am, Jake and I both got text messages from MIL saying "Summer's about to push. Baby should be here in about an hour". 20 minutes later? "Skyler Raynne is here!"...so much for an hour, huh? We left our class early and headed to the hospital. At that moment, I became the proud auntie of Skyler Raynne Rouse. Tomorrow, she's turning 3 years old. She's rambuncious. She's sweet. She's a toe-head blonde with deep green eyes. She calls me "Auntie LoLo" and has a lisp. She knows the words to "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D and "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond. She's smart and playful. And she's 3....three. years. old. Where did the time go????







2 comments:

Angel said...

Happy birthday Skyler!

Megan :) said...

Geez...three years already!!
She is so cute. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLER!!!