A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Check-in: Approx 8 weeks

So yesterday I had my pre-natal intake appointment at Kaiser. It was full of information and forms to fill out. I had to disclose everything from if I planned to get pregnant, to possible genetic problems that have to do with my ethnicity.

I signed up for an early pregnancy class, which doesn't take place until I'll be 11 weeks, but I thought it was good information to have anyways. I have my first pre-natal appointment with my doctor on September 22nd. I haven't met her yet since this was the situation:

I normally have all my care at Kaiser San Rafael. A couple of years ago, about a year into our IF journey, I had picked a doctor based on her credentials and "knowledge". That was a big mistake because she was the worst OBGYN ever in terms of communication. I honestly think if I had stayed with her any longer, that I would still be popping Clomid month after month wasting money on medicine that didn't work and IUIs that were for nothing. I decided I had had enough and transferred to another doctor. He was fantastic. He would call and check up on me, he didn't waste my time and after one failed cycle of Clomid, he decided I should see an RE. And then we saw Dr. F in San Francisco. After 6 months, I am pregnant (I love saying that). So Dr. F said after my first ultrasound with him, I should start seeing my regular OBGYN for my general pre-natal care. OK, no problem right? Wrong. I called San Rafael and was informed that not only did my OBGYN not perform pre-natal care, but that the only pre-natal appointments they schedule are on Tuesdays and Thursdays...both the days that Jake is in school. Jake expressed a deep desire to be there for all my appointments and not miss anything. So I decided to go for Kaiser Richmond for my pre-natal care instead. Good decision. It's close, the doctors are really nice and it's in the same "network" as the hospital Jake and I would like to deliver at...which I won't reveal just yet.

Since this was an intake appointment, there was no ultrasound like Jake and I thought. It was a bummer to hear for sure, but it is what it is. Tomorrow we get to meet our little one and I can't wait.

No comments: