A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Books

The day after I found out I was pregnant, I headed to Barnes and Noble to get a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting. While Jake and I were TTC, I would frequent the Pregnancy and Childbirth book section, pondering what day I would be able to purchase the books without having them sit and collect dust on my bookshelves, waiting for the spine to be cracked for the first time. The book has been helpful, and I've had some questions answered by What to Expect and of course, Google.

I was also told, many moons ago when my cousin Megan was pregnant with her son, to get a hold of the book Baby Bargains. My cousin Katie who is due in October/November (I keep forgetting which one, Katie...I'm sorry) told me to check out Your Pregnancy Week by Week.

So this weekend, Jake and I went to Barnes and Noble once again. I picked up both books and both have been both informative and (in the case of Baby Bargains) kind of funny to read. Baby Bargains is more about looking out for the consumer of baby products, what you will definitely need, and what's just "fluff", and reviews of certain items like strollers, cribs, etc. Pregnancy Week by Week gives you a drawn picture of what your baby looks like that week, what your body will be going through and what to do as far as exercise goes. I must admit, between the three books, I feel safe. I feel like reading up on these things is really giving me the strength to not call my doctor every day saying "I NEED TO TEST AGAIN!"

2 comments:

Megan :) said...

I'm sooo proud of you! =) You rememebred all the book advise! You go girl!!
The week by week book sounds really cool...wish I knew about that one. I think I had a similar website I would check, but the book sounds more informative.
Isn't the Baby Bargains book a riot!? LOL. I love that book! Good info and a fun read.
I"M SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Angel said...

I really cherish my Pregnancy Womans Journal too. It's not really in informative book. It just helps you to keep track of your own pregnancy. That way years later you can look back on it with fond memories :) Congratulations Laurel & Jake! I could not be happier for you!!!