A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Onion-Roasted Potatoes

This is a recipe that my mom first made when I was a kid. She made them in the mircowave (if I remember correctly) but they've been a favorite of mine ever since. I love making them, but I bake them in the oven, which I think makes them even better.

Enjoy!


Onion-Roasted Potatoes
Original Recipe and photograph by Lipton Soup Mixes
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 40 minutes, TOTAL: 50 minutes
4 servings


-1 envelope Lipton French Onion Soup mix

-4-5 medium potatoes (I use Yukon Gold potatoes because they cook better than Russet), cut into chunks.

-1/3 cup oil (I use EVOO)


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 13x9 glass baking dish, combine all ingredients.

2. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so simple, but it sounds so good! mmm