A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - A year in review

Normally, I would go month-by-month of the events that have happened in Jake and my life this past year, but who has time to write/read that?

All I have to say is...we made it! We made it through another year with each other, our marriage, families, and sanity intact. I know it's been one of the roughest years this country has ever seen and I hope this new decade brings great things to all who find it within their hearts (and boredom) to read this blog.

This year Jake and I have seen some great triumphs and some nasty snags, but you know what? That's life. That's marriage. That's what living is all about. It's a celebration of the good times and learning from the bad times. I hope you all have a very safe and Happy 2010!

Anyways, I guess I should update you all.

I'm sick, nothing big. I've got a head cold and I'm on the downslope of it right now. It's NOT Swine Flu...just a head cold. All I am is congested and coughing because stupid me forgot to utilize the Kleenex in a timely manner. No fever, no aches, no feeling like I'm going to die. That was back in May. I'm fine.

Jake and I are almost about half way moved into the house. We take about 3-4 boxes every day (relatively small boxes) and put things away as we go so the transition is a bit smoother than trying to go through boxes to find small items. We move in exactly 9 days so we're trying our hardest to make sure things happen smoothly. I must admit, I HATE moving. Packing and finding crap you thought was in storage still sitting in your house is kind of disheartening. But, everything has a storage tub now and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Jake and I are still trying for a baby. We have our official consultation with the RE in San Francisco on January 5th (yes, my birthday), and I'm more than relieved we're moving forward. I'm looking to 2010 as a serious fresh start.

Anyways, I apologize for my absence from the blog. Things have been crazy busy with the move and everything. I love you all and have a wonderful New Years!

No comments: