A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Smile

I apologize for neglecting my blog this week. It's been a rollercoaster for sure.

Last night Jake and I were watching Glee and a song came on that had the words:
"Smile though your heart is aching;
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.
If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow,
You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile."

I instantly burst into tear because this song spoke to me in a way that I could never imagine. There is a certain strength and feeling when you're going through trials in life when all you want to do is curl up and bawl away the day. But you know you have to keep going and put on a happy face so the world thinks you're OK. I'm not really doing OK. This has been one of the hardest 6 months I've been through, but I know I'll get through it.

Sorry to be a downer, I just needed to get that out.