A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Happy New Year everyone! OK, OK...so I know it's January 2nd, but so what?! I hope everyone had a spectacular (and safe) New Years. I'm really looking forward to seeing what 2009 has to bring. It's a new start, a fresh start...and I intend to make the best of it. It started yesterday.

Jake and I decided to tackle our plans head on. We cleaned out (and cleaned) our fridge, freezer, and pantry. There wasn't much to get rid of from the pantry since we use everything there, but we needed to start somewhere. Then we sat down and planned out our dinners for the next two weeks and headed to the grocery store to go shopping. There was no rush, no hurry. We just walked up and down the aisles talking and joking together. This might sound not right, but it was kind of like a free date. Sorry, I couldn't find a better term for it. One of the things I want to do this year is just relax and enjoy the time I have. Jake and I were so stressed out last year with the business and trying to have a baby. Now, we're just enjoying each other. Yesterday, I even woke up to Jake curled up right behind me, which NEVER happens since I always wake up before he does. He made me breakfast (OK, so it was a bowl of cereal, but it still counts), and we just hung out and watched movies all day.

Every day is a new start. Every day is a gift. Don't take them for granted, because family and love are the most important things in life. They're the ones who were there when you were born, they're the ones who stand by you through life, and they'll be there when the end comes. Enjoy life...it's the only one you've got! I love you all! :D

No comments: