A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Singin' in the Rain

What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!!!

I'm sure that's what the Bay Area is feeling right now. Rain finally arrived for 2009, and I couldn't be happier. We need rain, desperately. Contra Costa County (where I live) is in a drought. The last drought I remember was when I was younger and it was the topic of so many discussions and headaches. There was a state-wide sigh of relief when the drought was declared officially over. I know I will contribute to the next sigh when this drought is declared over also.

Yesterday, our office completed our first tax return of the 2009 season. This marks the official beginning of the countdown to April 15th. Just a notice from your friendly neighborhood tax preparer:

As of February 23rd, the state of CA will be issuing IOUs for state refunds. If you receive your W2s and other necessary paperwork, get your return done and file it before February 23rd, the state will issue your refund instead of an IOU. So if you can, get your taxes filed with CA ASAP!

In other news, Jake and I bought a new TV. Well, it's new to us. Our housemate bought a new DLP TV for the sole purpose of having a larger screen. The other TV is perfectly fine, and it's ours! It's 50 inches, which dwarfs our now former TV of 27inches. Jake and I got to play Rock Band on the big TV last night and it is a totally different experience. I'm in love.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: