A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Monday, January 19, 2009

A new era begins...

Tomorrow, our country will welcome the first African American president of the United States of America.

Whatever your political stance, you have to admit it's exciting. It's at times like these where I'm most proud to be who I am living in such a wonderful country. 4th of July doesn't even come close to the excitement I feel for tomorrow's events. To see a person of a minority with such a volatile past to get where it is today stand in a position that no one ever thought would occur in their lifetime is beyond words. We've truly embraced a new era as a nation.

I know our new leader has a lot on his plate: a drowning economy, shabby foreign relations, a 7 year old war, and then some. I won't say he will be without faults. We all have faults. But tomorrow I am fully giving Barack Obama my support, because it's at times like these where beggars can't be chosers. We've begged for lower gas prices, lower taxes, and for the "war" in Iraq to stop. Now we have a chance to make this country better. We have someone who has a vision to take our country to the next level. Why not support him? I will...

Here's to a new era with a wonderful leader....CHEERS!

No comments: