A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Nursery Progress

I know I haven't posted much as far as nursery progress is concerned, and a lot has honestly happened between these pictures and now.

Our house was built in the 1920's, so it's a Craftsman style home. As such, the closet space in the house is small, but manageable. I use the closet in Jake and my room, and Jake uses the closet in the baby's room. Of course, that means the baby doesn't get a closet, or a whole one at least. While picking her furniture, we decided we wanted a full-size dresser to act as her dresser, closet and changing table. We also chose full-size because we wanted to get her something that she could grow with and not something that needed to be replaced in 3 years. We chose a dresser from Ikea because it's what we could find on a reasonable budget, it's white, simple, and I like Ikea furniture (for the most part - some stuff is too modern for me).

So Jake and I bought the dresser, or at least the boxes the pieces to make the dresser came in, came home and got to work.


Now of course you can't have something going on in the house without the cats' input. Here's Neebs "helping out"...

The frame for the dresser is up!

Chloe, aka "The Foreman" on the glider



We are putting the finishing touches on the baby's room and I promise once it's all finished, I will post pictures of the (finally) finished product!

1 comment:

Maria said...

lol. Love how your cats are monitoring everything! :) so cute. Can't wait to see the finished nursery!