A CALIFORNIA GIRL MOVING TO A TEXAS WORLD!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rollercoaster week

I do apologize for my absence from the blog.

Many of you probably read about the new addition to my Mom and Dad's house - a little silver tabby kitten named Jackson that was a Father's Day gift from Mom, Jake and I.

Well, last Wednesday, Jake received a call from my father, who was beside himself in tears. Jack (they shortened the name) suddenly died in my father's closet and my Dad found him while home alone. Jack wasn't even 2 years old. It was a shock and my Dad was completely devastated. He was inconsoleable on the phone, and since I live an hour away, it was heartbreaking to hear my Dad so upset.

Some may say "it's just a cat", but Jack was more than just a cat to my Dad. He was like a child. He and my Dad had a bond and he was a part of the family.

I jumped into action and called my parents' vet and asked if they could find out how Jack passed away. So, they did an autopsy and Jack apparently had an enlarged heart and most likely died of a heart attack. I knew having that information would give my Dad some peace of mind knowing he didn't do anything to cause Jack's death. Dad is still upset and sad, but he's doing better.

So I apologize for my absence, but I've been pretty busy.

No comments: